If you are in the medical field, Canada has a lot of public health nurse jobs for foreigners and it is high paying. Generally, nurses are needed for so many things in the country and the medical sector of Canada is always taken so seriously because the government don’t joke about the health of its citizens.
After your graduation as a public health nurse, you would want to get a job in a place where you will be valued and paid what is due to you. Canada is one of those places where you are paid for the good work you are doing in the country.
In this article, we are going to look at who a public health nurse is, the jobs available for them and how to apply for the job. All you need to do is to read this till the end and also share it with your loved ones who might also need to read this.
Who is a Public Health Nurse?
A public health nurse is a person who has the role of educating people, families and individuals on the importance of health.
They are also charged with the responsibility of administering medication, monitoring patients in case of drug side effects and preparing them for any kind of health examination.
Aside from the above-mentioned role of public health nurses, they also plan the way a patient should be treated in collaboration with the medical team, they check up on the patient to be sure they are in good condition.
However, Canada is one country that is so beautiful and can accommodate anybody in their health sector. The public health nurse job for Foreigners is not easy to find but when the opportunity comes, they look back on employing you.
We are going to carefully list all the requirements needed for you to be employed as a public health worker in Canada and how you can Apply.
Public Health Nurse Jobs for Foreigners Requirements
Here are some of the requirements you need to meet up as a public health nurse, read carefully to avoid mistakes during your application.
- Should be a graduate with at least second-class upper in the University
- Having a master’s degree or PhD is a plus for you
- Should have at least 3 years of working experience.
- You will present a certificate of your graduation from any public health school that is duly accredited.
- Be physically and mentally stable at the time of this application.
- The Government will run a background check on the applicant to be sure you have no criminal record or threat to the people of Canada.
- You must not be below 18 years of age.
- You should have a good knowledge of infection control
- You should be kind and friendly because you will be needing that on stubborn patients
- You need to have good stamina and physical endurance
- You should be someone who has observational skills
- Should be strong enough to lift or carry patients
- Should be someone who has a good spirit of teamwork
- Have a good knowledge of occupational hazards and how to control them and be safe
- Some who are attentive to records, that is medical records and data
- Most importantly, you should be able to administer the drug.
All the above-listed Requirements are what you need to meet up with for you to be considered.
Again, you have known the requirements, it is also important to know some of your responsibilities as a public health nurse, this will help you know your daily task to avoid issues arising from your workplace.
Responsibility of a Public Health Nurse
Here are some of the things you are expected to be doing as a PHN, read and carefully apply them.
- Examination of the patient to know the problem the person is facing
- Teaching families and individuals about the importance of health to humanity
- Taking care of any patient kept under your care
- Administering medications and watching out for side effects
- You have the responsibility of facilitating communication and of cause client empowerment
- You help people gain access to medical resources
- They also disclose medical or confidential patient information in court in case of any criminal litigation.
- One of their major roles is to let patients and people know how to keep themselves away from immediate danger and be safe regardless.
How to Apply for Public Health Nurse Job
We have provided a step-by-step guide on how you can Apply for public health nurse job in Canada. One thing you should do before getting to this level is to be sure that all documents required are ready.
- You will head over to the application portal by clicking on APPLY NOW
- Read and accept the terms and conditions that will be shown to you.
- You will first be asked to upload your documents/ CV
- Then you can carefully fill in all your details
- Check the information you have provided then submit.
- If you are qualified for the job and get shortlisted, you will be contacted through the email you provided for them.
What is the salary for Public Health Nurse Job?
Working in the health sector alone is a good reason to be paid handsomely for the job you do. The average salary of a public health nurse in Canada is $84,000 per year. You will be paid at least $84 per hour.
What are the benefits of public Health Nurse jobs?
There are some benefits attached to this job, for instance, you will be paid a pension on your retirement, and you will also be given insurance.
How do I become a public health nurse in Canada?
To be a PHN, you have to attend any accredited public health school and get a licence to practice.
Public health Nurse is a very good profession as you will be working in one of the most lucrative industries in the world today. We have given you some of the general requirements and procedures on how to apply for PHN jobs in Canada, it’s now up to you to do the needful. For more information, you can always check back here or you can join our social media group to be part of the discussion. If you like this post, don’t forget to leave a comment below.