University of Waterloo Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students across the world. This scholarship is designed for Undergraduate, Graduate and Post Graduate students. Waterloo University scholarship is valued up to $10,000.
The University of Waterloo is a public research university established in 1957. It became became one of the first universities in the world to make available to undergraduate students, access to state-of-the-art computers in the early 1960s. Waterloo offers about 120 undergraduate degrees together with over 190 graduate programs. Further more, the University has 6 faculties and 12 faculty-based schools to administer its academic programs.
Level/Field of study:
Undergraduates, Masters and Post Graduate students pursuing studies in any subject offered by University of Waterloo.
Number of Scholarships:
Twenty scholarships are awarded annually to outstanding international students admitted to Year One of an undergraduate degree program
All international countries across the world are eligible for this scholarship.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Candidates who have good academic record; at least, a minimum 70% average at the undergraduate level and minimum 75% average at the graduate level are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- The applicants must be full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any of the faculty in University of Waterloo who wish to participate in an international experience in Israel, including a minimally-paid or volunteer work placement, a volunteer placement, an academic exchange or a study term related to academic requirements.
- International students who have obtained a valid Canadian study permit, registered full time and assessed international tuition fees.
- Students in research-based programs (thesis or major research paper) are considered
- Will only be given to students in their first term of their program
- Students must demonstrate an outstanding academic excellence through criteria laid down by the Faculty.
- Students must meet the academic progress requirements of their program and must not have outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- Students can receive other internal or external scholarships, for example: UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc.
- Applicants must not be concurrently receiving foreign government or agency sponsorship e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc. or be fully or partially self-funded by the Faculty minimum levels of support.
- Students will be automatically considered for this award depending on their application for admission.
- Faculties may add more eligibility criteria as appropriate.
International students across the world
Candidates must have an offer of place at the university in undergraduate or graduate program. After the admission has been offered, students can access the application on their form pages.
Applicants must attach a personal statement which will refer to the application form.
All applicants must provide proof of their English language Proficiency to meet the minimum requirements for admission.