- 1 Why You Should Study In Australia
- 2 How Can I Get Full Scholarship In Australia?
- 2.1 Here is a list of scholarships in australia for international students:
- 2.1.1 Adelaide University Scholarships
- 2.1.2 Australian Government Research Training Program
- 2.1.3 International student Awards at University of Western Australia
- 2.1.4 Australian National University Scholarships
- 2.1.5 Curtin University International Scholarships
- 2.1.6 University of New South Wales International Scholarships
- 2.1.7 CDU Vice-Chancellor’s International High Achievers Scholarships
- 2.1.8 Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships
- 2.2 Fully Funded Scholarships In Australia For International Students:
- 2.2.1 1. University of Melbourne Human Rights Scholarship
- 2.2.2 2. University of Sydney International Scholarship
- 2.2.3 3. University of Tasmania Scholarships
- 2.2.4 5. Destination Australia 2022 Scholarship For Domestic And International Students
- 2.2.5 6. Institute of Science and Technology Austria 2022-2023 Scientific Internships (Paid Internships in Europe)
- 2.2.6 7. Sydney Scholars Awards 2023 for International Undergraduate Students
- 2.2.7 8. Flinders University Australian Government Research Scholarship
- 2.2.8 9. University of Newcastle 2022 Africa Excellence Scholarship – Australia
- 2.2.9 10. Global Excellence Scholarship by University of Western Australia
- 2.2.10 11. International Student Awards
- 2.2.11 12. La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships
- 2.2.12 13. Victoria University International Scholarship.
- 2.2.13 14. Monash University Scholarships:
- 2.2.14 15. University Of Wollongong Scholarships
- 2.2.15 16. Macquarie University Scholarships:
- 2.2.16 17. Edith Cowan University Scholarships
- 2.2.17 18. Bond University Scholarships
- 2.1 Here is a list of scholarships in australia for international students:
- 3 Other Scholarships In Australia For International Students include the following;
Australia is considered to be one of the best countries in terms of wealth, educational opportunities, medical care, and overall quality of life. When it comes to education, Australia is home to numerous prestigious educational institutions, qualifications that are acknowledged all over the world, and a wealth of financial aid opportunities.
Why You Should Study In Australia
Do you know that if you apply to study in Australia, you will not only be allowed to study abroad but you will also have the opportunity to earn money while you are there? International students can work up to 20 hours per week while studying.
In addition to the stipends that some scholarships provide for international students every month, you can earn additional money by working during your free time. Other reasons include:
- Student visas are easy to get.
- Australia offers great work opportunities
- Cultural diversity
- Australia offers world-class education
- Good quality of life
- Easy communication
- Lots of different courses to choose from
- Distinguished educational institutions such as Australia National University, University of Sydney, University of Melbourne and a host of others.
How Can I Get Full Scholarship In Australia?
Australia is one of the countries that provides the best national and international scholarships, fellowships, college and university grants, free scholarships federal funding and other forms of student financial aid for international students.
There are over 1000 Scholarships In Australia For International Students, so they have the liberty to apply for and gain from either the partially funded or fully funded scholarships in Australia, also, these scholarships offer a monthly stipends of averagely AUD $20,000 along with tuition fees, accommodation charges, health insurance and travel allowance.
Here is a list of scholarships in australia for international students:
The list below would feature government-funded, externally funded and university-specific Scholarships In Australia For International Students at bachelor’s, master’s and PhD level.
Adelaide University Scholarships
The University of Adelaide is much obliged to provide learning avenues for international students by offering annual Scholarships In Australia For International Students to both Masters and PhD from across the globe without reservations. Different scholarships are awarded each year to students with outstanding academic records.
The Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) provides; Course tuition fees for two years for a Master degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only), An annual living allowance $28,854 (2022 rate, indexed annually) for two years for a Master degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree.
Australian Government Research Training Program
Australian Government Research Training Programme (RTP) Scholarships for International Students includes both master’s and doctorate level, and it is awarded to local and international students.
The scholarship captures the tuition fee as well as allowance to cover living costs and stipends for expenses involved in carrying out research.
The Australian Government RTP provides grants, on annual basis, to higher education providers (HEPs) to support both local and international students undertaking Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees. These are regarded as higher degrees by research (HDRs).
International student Awards at University of Western Australia
The International Student Award is also part of Scholarships In Australia For International Students for study at the University of Western Australia to helps to foster a diverse range of student community and enables more students from different nationalities to pursue their study and career goals with UWA.
Undergraduate students can get up to AUD $20,000 off course fees over a four-year degree or AUD $15,000 over three years. Postgraduate students can receive up to AUD$10,000 over two years on eligible courses.
Australian National University Scholarships
The Australian National University offers attractive Scholarship to allure various group of high calibre international students to study at ANU. Their Scholarships are programmed to aid students for unique challenges and experiences, so, either you are looking for financial support to start your studies at ANU, or a chance to move away from home for the first time, you should explore the scholarship opportunities that ANU has and apply for the one that works for you and your situation.
The scholarship offers a tuition fee reduction of 25% or 50% for three years of study for undergraduate recipients and up to two years of study for postgraduate students.
Curtin University is awarding eligible International students Onshore Postgraduate Support Scholarship through the Curtin International Scholarships program. The program is available for postgraduate course in the following faculties: Faculty of Business and Law, Faculty of Health Sciences, Faculty of Humanities, and Faculty of Science & Engineering.
The scholarship allows Undergraduate, Graduate, Postgraduate, Post Doctorate level programme(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Curtin University. Cleanup Expert is collaborating with Curtin University to help young people in pursuing a degree in Australia. Selected students will get a fund for college.
University of New South Wales International Scholarships
UNSW also offers a wide range of Scholarships and Awards to support International undergraduate and postgraduate programs for international students who are starting a full-time study at UNSW. The scholarships offers include the International Scientia Coursework Scholarship and the Australia’s Global University Award.
The International Scientia Coursework Scholarship covers full tuition fee or a sum of $20,000 per annum which is paid directly towards tuition fees for the minimum duration of program. Qualified applicants would also receive Australia’s Global University Award of 10,000 for a year.
CDU Vice-Chancellor’s International High Achievers Scholarships
Charles Darwin University (CDU) is another popular university that offers scholarships to international students. The Vice-Chancellor’s International High Achievers Scholarships is given to international students who have a history of academic excellence and high achievement and are seeking to begin an Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree at CDU.
The Vice-Chancellor’s International High Achiever Scholarship offers students up to 50% and 25% per year while CDU International College Pathway Scholarship offers 15% or 20% depending on the course. You don’t need a separate scholarship application process.
Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships
Deakin University runs different categories of Scholarships In Australia For International Students, the Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship International scholarships is a fully funded scholarships for international students for postgraduate study with a stipend of $28,600 per annum, relocation allowance from $500to $1,500 and health insurance.
They acknowledge students with recurrent high academic performance and the potential to make a leading contribution to the university and its communities. Interestingly, unsuccessful applicants of the Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship will automatically be considered for the Deakin International Scholarship.
Fully Funded Scholarships In Australia For International Students:
1. University of Melbourne Human Rights Scholarship
Scholarship applications to the University of Melbourne are currently being accepted for the 2023–2024 school year. You can get a master’s or doctorate from any department at the University of Melbourne thanks to the university’s generous scholarship program.
Benefits: Full study rate pro rata (Estimated at $94,200)
Deadline: 31st October 2022 (Annual)
2. University of Sydney International Scholarship
The prestigious University of Sydney is offering scholarships to international students including students from Nigeria. These scholarships are for various levels of study, so whether you want to go for your bachelor’s or master’s, the University of Sydney has something for you. They are dedicated to supporting you throughout your time at university.
Benefits: Scholarship benefits vary, it depends on the level and course of study. Some scholarship awards are valued at $50, OOO for international students
Deadline: Varies (Annual)
3. University of Tasmania Scholarships
The University of Tasmania’s scholarships and prizes program includes state, national and international sponsored programs. They offer more than 400 scholarships across all areas of study. You can even apply for multiple scholarships in one easy application.
Deadline: January 6, 2023 (Annual)
5. Destination Australia 2022 Scholarship For Domestic And International Students
These scholarships, called the Destination Australia Scholarship, are part of the Commonwealth government’s Destination Australia Program.
Benefits: $15,000 per annum
Deadline: August 5, 2022( Annual)
6. Institute of Science and Technology Austria 2022-2023 Scientific Internships (Paid Internships in Europe)
Students from all over the world can apply for this internship in Europe. Cultural harmony among students, interns, and staff members benefits from the many different backgrounds represented on campus.
Internships in IST are available to students and recent graduates who have a strong research interest.
Benefits: The scientific interns will receive a monthly salary of at least EUR 1086 (Gross) among other benefits
No Deadline, You Can Apply Anytime.
7. Sydney Scholars Awards 2023 for International Undergraduate Students
This $6,000 award will help outstanding international students from Year 12 attend the University of Sydney to pursue a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Deadline: 30th September, 2022(Annual)
8. Flinders University Australian Government Research Scholarship
Scholarships through the Australian Government Research Training Program (International) are available to international students at Flinders University who wish to pursue a Higher Degree by Research. The AGRTPS offers a reduction in eligible out-of-country education costs, a monthly stipend to help with living expenses, and overseas medical insurance.
Benefits: $28,854.00 (2022 rate)
Deadline: 05-08-2022 (Annual)
9. University of Newcastle 2022 Africa Excellence Scholarship – Australia
This scholarship is awarded on the basis of merit and is intended to encourage and reward students who have already demonstrated academic excellence. Students who have been accepted into a non-quota program at the University of Newcastle and who plan to enroll there immediately will be offered scholarships without further consideration.
Deadline Not Specified
10. Global Excellence Scholarship by University of Western Australia
The Scholarship is a reduction in the annual tuition rate for the full-time term of the awarded student’s program.
The applicant’s equivalent Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or UWA weighted average mark will decide the amount of the Scholarship they will receive (WAM). Students from certain nations who have achieved exceptional academic success and who apply to the University for specific programs will be eligible to receive this substantial prize.
11. International Student Awards
The International Student Award is a scholarship offered to International students for study at the University of Western Australia.
It helps to foster a diverse range of student community and enables more students from different nationalities to pursue their study and career goals with UWA.
Benefits: Undergraduate students will get up to AUD $20,000 off course fees over a four-year degree or AUD $15,000 over three years.
Postgraduate students will receive up to AUD$10,000 over two years on eligible courses.
12. La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships
The La Trobe International Scholarship (LTIS) is awarded to students from other countries who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement.
This scholarship will provide a discount on annual tuition fees ranging from 15% to 25% for the duration of the student’s education.
Benefits: Up to 25% reduction in course fees
Deadline: December 31, 2023
13. Victoria University International Scholarship.
Victoria University (VU) is proud to support hundreds of international scholarship recipients and sponsored students.
Benefits: 10% tuition fee reduction for the entire standard duration of eligible courses.
Deadline: No Deadline
14. Monash University Scholarships:
Monash University offers one of the most generous scholarships for international students. They have different scholarships for students to study at every level.
Benefits: $5000 and above
15. University Of Wollongong Scholarships
UOW offers a range of scholarships for students looking to undertake undergraduate or postgraduate study. They also assist with information about scholarships offered by the Australian Government, as well as international organisations.
Benefits: 50% tuition fee Waiver
Deadline: July 2022(Annual)
16. Macquarie University Scholarships:
For international students, this comprises a wide range of both long- and short-term opportunities. Your topic of study, academic standing, and athletic accomplishments are additional eligibility requirements. The variety of scholarships offered may vary depending on the nation you are from.
Benefits: Fee Reduction
Deadline: December, 2022 (Annual)
17. Edith Cowan University Scholarships
The 2023 International Masters Scholarship is offered to international students from selected countries who are applying for select Masters degrees at ECU.
The scholarship offers a 20 percent reduction in your tuition fees for the first year of your Masters course at ECU.
Benefits: 20% Fee reduction
18. Bond University Scholarships
Bond University offers one of Australia’s most generous scholarship programs, featuring a range of full-fee and part-fee scholarships awarded to the best and brightest applicants each semester.
The Scholarship Program awards both Australian and international students at an undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Benefits: Full Fee Payment
Deadline: August 2022(Annual)
Other Scholarships In Australia For International Students include the following;
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES): australia scholarship 2022
- Victoria University International Scholarships: international scholarships to study
- University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS) : Undergraduate, Masters, phd scholarships in australia for international students
- Monash University Scholarships: scholarships in australia for international students
- University Of Wollongong Scholarships: australia scholarship
- Macquarie University Scholarships: international scholarships to study
- Edith Cowan University Scholarships: australia awards scholarships
In Australia, you can find the best studying opportunities since australia universities has a broad scholarship database that international students can benefit from, coupled with the welcoming environment. In essence, Australia is an awesome destination/ location with potential universities that are open to International students who want to study.
However, don’t be overwhelmed with the amount of scholarship offers for International students in Australia, you need to focus on what you really want and how you can get it.
The whole process starts with your research, first narrow down your options and ask yourself which scholarship you are eligible for, you will get your answer through the UniSearch based on your course, study level, country of citizenship, and more. Also, how to apply for scholarships in Australia depends on the university or scholarship provider.
Some would consider you automatically when you apply for a specific program or school and others might require a separate application for an individual scholarship. Also, do not limit your search to a fully-funded scholarship in Australia, there are lots of affordable partial scholarships that can make your study abroad expenses easy to bear too.