- 1 Why You Should Study In The UK:
- 2 Fully-Funded Scholarships In The United Kingdom Available For You Now!
- 2.1 1. Chevening Scholarship
- 2.2 2. University Of East Anglia Scholarship
- 2.3 3. Rhodes Trust Scholarships
- 2.4 4. The University of Edinburgh Phd. Scholarships
- 2.5 5. University of Bristol Think Big Scholarships
- 2.6 6. Imperial College London Ph.D
- 2.7 7. Global Leaders Scholarship
- 2.8 8. Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- 2.9 9. Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships
- 2.10 10. University of Bradford Global Development Scholarships
- 2.11 11. Birkbeck, University Of London – AHRC CHASE Doctoral Training Programme In the UK
- 2.12 12. Leeds School Of Physics And Astronomy Head Of School Excellence Scholarship
- 2.13 13. Computer Science: Fully Funded EPSRC And Swansea University P.hD Scholarship
- 2.14 Benefits:
- 2.15 14. University Of Dundee Global Excellence Scholarship
- 2.16 15. Regents University Of London Scholarships
- 2.17 16. LLM: E-Fellows Scholarship Programme
- 2.18 Benefits:
- 2.19 17. Oxford University Clarendon Scholarship
- 2.20 18. International scholarships and awards at The University of Gloucestershire
- 2.21 19. The James Alan Cox Foundation For Student Photojournalists
- 2.22 20. The Bill Walsh Scholarship
- 3 Conclusion
The United Kingdom is a popular study destination for international students seeking to study with scholarships, with a diverse population it houses some of the most prestigious universities in the world. The United Kingdom has a global reputation for academic quality, making it an ideal location for you to hone your skills. UK institutions consistently rank at the top of global rankings.
That means you’ll get a world-class education, enjoy incredible adventures, and form lifelong friendships. Studying in the United Kingdom is a fantastic way to have access to some of the world’s greatest higher education.
However, such high quality rarely comes cheap, and many overseas students require financial assistance to cover all or part of their studies and living expenses in the United Kingdom. When it comes to applying for good, lucrative UK scholarships, the competition is fierce, and some of the best sponsors assess a variety of factors, including your previous academic experience.
Why You Should Study In The UK:
- The UK host some of the most prestigious institutions in the world, which include:
- Imperial College of London
- Simmons University
- Chevening university
- University of Cambridge
- University of Bristol
- University of Bradford etc.
- Internationally recognized degrees and qualifications
- Flexible study schedules
- Job opportunities
- Free health care
- Affordable study destination
- Studying in the UK takes a shorter time
Fully-Funded Scholarships In The United Kingdom Available For You Now!
The fully-funded scholarships in the United Kingdom are financed by both the government, individual universities, and some international organizations to assist students who are incapacitated and others are offered as a form of reward to students who have outstanding academic records.
These fully-funded scholarships are offered annually to international students who want to study in the UK, each one of the fully-funded scholarships has a time frame that differs, depending on the host institution and scholarship sponsor.
So, if you are looking to benefit from any of the fully-funded scholarships take time to go through our article on 20 fully-funded scholarships in the UK for international students to pick the one that you are eligible for. All you need to know about the scholarship, the eligibility criteria and application procedures have been included under each scholarship.
1. Chevening Scholarship
Chevening scholarship is a UK government’s international awards program for training global leaders. The scholarship offers two types of awards: Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships, which are funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations.
British embassies and high commissions around the world individually pick the beneficiaries. Every year, roughly 1,500 people are given Chevening Scholarships. The scholarship provides complete financial support for Master’s degree studies at any of the UK’s top universities.
Host Institution(s): UK Universities
Deadlines: November (Annually)
2. University Of East Anglia Scholarship
University of East Anglia Scholarship is a full-tuition scholarship for international students. It is offered for master’s studies based on academic excellence and personal statement. The university scholarship offers 4000 euros to the recipients.
All applicants are expected to have met the School’s English language requirements and been offered and accepted a place on the course by this date. Successful applicants will be contacted by the admissions department.
Host Institution: University of East Anglia
Deadlines: June (Annual)
3. Rhodes Trust Scholarships
The Rhodes international scholarships in the UK cover Oxford University (and College) fees as well as provide an annual stipend for the academic year, the stipend will be £15,900 per annum (£1,325 per month) from which Scholars pay all living expenses, including accommodation.
Rhodes Scholars may study for any full-time postgraduate degree (including the BA with senior status over two years) at the University of Oxford.
Host institution: Oxford University, UK
Deadline: August (annual)
4. The University of Edinburgh Phd. Scholarships
In order to attract the best and brightest PhD students, the University seeks to offer not only unparalleled research facilities and superb supervision, but also to provide development opportunities which will support our research students as they progress beyond their PhD, through an exciting scholarship scheme.
The University of Edinburgh Phd. Scholarships are fully funded scholarships for international students. This program covers tuition fees plus a maintenance fee of £14,500 per year.
Host Institution: University of Edinburgh
Level of Study: Phd.
5. University of Bristol Think Big Scholarships
University of Bristol offers Think Big Scholarships for international students. This scholarship is available for undergraduate and master’s studies and provides the recipient with up to £20,000 which can be used as fee waivers towards the cost of tuition fees.
Host Institution: University of Bristol
Level of Study: Undergraduate/Mastaers
Deadline: march 28 /June 13, (annual)
6. Imperial College London Ph.D
Imperial College London Ph.D. A scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. Up to 10 fully-funded scholarships are awarded each year. This scholarship covers both tuition fees and an annual tax-free contribution to maintenance costs of £16,553.
Host Institution: imperial college london
Level/field: Post Graduate
Deadline: November (annual)
7. Global Leaders Scholarship
Global Leaders Scholarship is offered by University of Bath for international students. This scholarship is available for masters studies only.
There are 45 Global Leaders Scholarships worth £5,000 each, to be used as fee waivers towards the cost of tuition fees.
Host Institution: University of Bath
Level/ field: Masters
Deadline: May (Annually)
8. Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Gates Cambridge Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for Masters’s and Ph.D. studies.
This scholarship provides a £17,500 stipend per annum, health insurance, academic development funding up to £2,000, and a family allowance up to £10,120.
Host Institution: University of Cambridge
Level/field: Masters / PhD
Deadline: January (annually)
9. Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) offers around 800 awards for postgraduate study and professional development each year. Over 27,500 Commonwealth Scholars and Fellows have been funded by the UK government through the CSC since 1959. The CSC offers international scholarships in the UK to deserving applicants.
Host Institution(s): UK Universities
Deadline: December (Annual)
10. University of Bradford Global Development Scholarships
The University of Bradford Global Development Scholarships is intended to aid international students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are domiciled in a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster, etc. The scholarship is available for students enrolled or intending to enroll in a full-time Master’s (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Each scholarship is worth approximately £25,000 which includes full tuition fees, accommodation, and living costs.
Host Institution: University of Bradford
Deadline: May 15 (annual)
11. Birkbeck, University Of London – AHRC CHASE Doctoral Training Programme In the UK
Applications opened for the AHRC CHASE Doctoral Training Program in the UK on the 17th of October 2022. Birkbeck is a research-intensive university and part of the Consortium for the Humanities and the Arts Southeast England (CHASE) Doctoral Training Programme. Funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC), CHASE offers fully funded doctoral research studentships across the entire range of Birkbeck’s arts and humanities research.
- Successful students will be awarded a studentship which provides your tuition fees paid in full and a tax-free stipend for your living costs (£19,668 per annum for 2022-23). If you have a disability you may be entitled to a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) on top of your studentship.
Deadline: will be announced soon.
12. Leeds School Of Physics And Astronomy Head Of School Excellence Scholarship
The University of Leeds is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing 2022 Scholarship for a Masters’s degree Program open to International and Domestic Students to study in all fields of courses offered in the n School of Mechanical Engineering. At the University of Leeds successful Candidates will be awarded a 25% tuition fee reduction
- GBP 1,000 will be awarded per year of study.
Deadline: March 10, 2023
13. Computer Science: Fully Funded EPSRC And Swansea University P.hD Scholarship
Swansea University welcomes students from all around the globe. Each of them is different, and come from different countries, study varied courses and have distinct hobbies. Regardless of these differences, you will find a space at Swansea.
- This scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fees and an annual stipend of £17,668.
- Additional research expenses will also be available.
Deadline: October 31, 2022
14. University Of Dundee Global Excellence Scholarship
The University of Dundee is delighted to offer its Global Excellence Scholarships for 2023-2024. Students have a chance to win £6,000 per year of study for up to 5 years to pursue their undergraduate degree and postgraduate degree program.
Benefit: £6,000 per year of study
15. Regents University Of London Scholarships
Numerous scholarships are available from Regent’s University London to assist with the expense of tuition. To assist with supporting your studies, you can also apply for loans, sponsorships, or other funding possibilities. At many levels of study, scholarship applications are still being accepted. For further information and to apply, click on the link below.
Benefit: Fully funded scholarships
Deadline: Varies (All applications are still open)
16. LLM: E-Fellows Scholarship Programme
Applicants who are members of e-fellows.net and who attend the LLM Day events are eligible for a special scholarship from UEA worth up to a 30% contribution to academic expenses.
Scholarship opportunities through E-fellows are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Value of the scholarship is up to £5,550
Deadline: 31st July 2023
17. Oxford University Clarendon Scholarship
The Oxford University Clarendon Scholarship awards over 150 new, fully-funded scholarships each year to assist outstanding graduate scholars in funding their postgraduate degrees at the University of Oxford. The 2022 scholarship award also offers the opportunity to join one of the most active, highly international and multi-disciplinary communities at Oxford.
- Clarendon offers fully-funded scholarships covering course fees, as well as a grant for living expenses for the period of fee liability.
Deadline: January 22, 2022. (Annual)
18. International scholarships and awards at The University of Gloucestershire
New, international fee-paying students studying on-campus starting in the academic year 2022/23 may be eligible to benefit from one of the financial packages offered by the University.
Deadline: 30th October 2022
19. The James Alan Cox Foundation For Student Photojournalists
Founded in memory of James Alan Cox, a television photojournalist, The James Alan Cox Foundation for Student Photojournalists aims to provide financial support to student photographers of high school and college age. Through a variety of funding, including equipment purchases and scholarships for college and technical school classes, the foundation’s mission is to expand educational and developmental opportunities for student photographers demonstrating interest, talent and financial need.
- Five (5) $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to five (5) college or technical school students, payable to their school. Four awards will be for video work while one will be for still photography.
- One (1) $2,500 scholarship will be awarded to one (1) graduate student, payable to their school, for video work.
- Five (5) Digital SLR Cameras will be awarded to five (5) high school students. (High school applicants should only submit still photographs. The video awards are for college and graduate students only.)
Deadline: November 5, 2022
20. The Bill Walsh Scholarship
Six scholarships are awarded annually through the ACES Education Fund. One is the Bill Walsh scholarship, in honour of the late editor, author, and ACES guiding spirit.
Host Institution: ACES
Benefits: $ 3,500
Deadline: 15th November 2022
The United Kingdom is always top of the list of study destinations for international students, and this has been further enhanced by the scholarship schemes and programs opened to international students by the UK government, prestigious universities, and other institutions. These scholarships are available to aid students who are financially disabled and to appreciate upcoming talents.
The 10 fully-funded scholarships in the UK for international students listed above are just part of the numerous scholarship schemes that international students can benefit from. The application process is seamless once you follow the procedures for each one and have all the necessary requirements. Good luck.