- 1 5 Steps to Apply for the Scholarship.
- 2 Evaluation and Selection Process
- 3 Required Documents
- 4 For applications made online through the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS), all candidates must upload the following documents to the system:
Deadline: 20 Feb 2022 (annual)
Study in: Turkey
Course starts 2022
Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded higher education scholarship program run by the Republic of Türkiye for international students. The primary purpose of Türkiye Scholarships is to provide equal opportunities to successful students around the world in order for them to receive scholarship education at international standards.It is also aimed to develop mutual cooperation between Turkey and other countries and to contribute to regional and global development in many fields from academia to art, from economy to literature, technology to architecture.
Türkiye Scholarships Applications are considered depending on the candidate’s academic success, social activities and motivation related to the chosen field, it is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students to pursue full-time or short-term program at the top universities in Turkey. Applications will be open to applicants who wish to study at bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
Participating Universities in Turkey
Level/Fields of study:
Bachelors, Masters or PhD Programmes in a wide range of fields of study offered at participating Turkish Universities
The scholarship includes university and program placement, monthly stipend (Bachelor: 1000 TL per month; Masters: 1,400 TL per month; PhD: 1,800 TL per month), tuition fees, once-off return flight ticket, health insurance, accommodation, and one year Turkish Language Course.
The normal duration of award is:
Undergraduate: 1 year Turkish Language course + 4-6 years (depending on the normal duration of the program)
Master’s: 1 year Turkish Language course + 2 yearsPhD: 1 year Turkish Language course + 4 years
Minimum Academic Criteria:
- Minimum academic achievement for Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%
- Minimum academic achievement for Master’s and Doctorate degree applicants: 75%
- Minimum academic achievement for Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
- To be under the age of 21 for Undergraduate programsTo be under the age of 30 for Master’s programs
- To be under the age of 35 for Doctorate programs
- To be under the age of 45 for Research Scholarships
- Citizens of all countries
- Graduates or applicants who are able to graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2022)
- Researchers and academicians
5 Steps to Apply for the Scholarship.
- Create Your Personal Account on the Turkiye Scholarship Application System.
- Upload all the Required Document. it will also be beneficial for you to include to your extracurricular activities and achievements in different fields.
- List your dream University and program preference
- Write an Original letter of intent explaining your preferences, expectations and goals
- After reviewing all the stages and documents, approve your application
Evaluation and Selection Process
All applications are examined on the basis of basic criteria such as minimum academic achievement, age limits set for each level of education, and required documents
Applications from eligible candidates; are considered by the Expert Committee in terms of various criteria such as academic status, previous qualifications, academic interests, career goals, consistency of preferences, content of the letter of intent, and participation in social activities.
After this stage, the final list of eligible candidates for the interview process is set.
A 30-question quantitative test consisting of mathematics, geometry, and logic questions is held for undergraduate applicants before the face-to-face interviews on the same day conducted by the Presidential Delegations, the tests are going to be held prior to the interview in order to evaluate the candidates applying to the fields of health sciences, science and engineering the fields which take the greater number of applications compared to other disciplines.
The test will include questions that require explanations, which will be provided both in Turkish and English, and questions that do not require translation. Since English sources are frequently used in basic courses at health, science, and engineering programs in Turkey like many other countries around the world, candidates applying in these fields are expected to demonstrate a sufficient level of English to be able to comprehend and respond to the test’s questions.
Candidates will be informed of their test and interview timeslot when they receive their invitations to the interview complete the 30-question test.
Candidates selected from more than 100 countries in the final list are evaluated by interview committees consisting of academics and experts.
The interview, which usually lasts 15-30 minutes, is carried out in the following format:
Welcome and entrance
Check of documents
Purpose of the candidate’s application
Academic knowledge and career goals
Closing and candidate questions to the committee
Candidates invited for the interview are required to bring all the documents and certificates of the latest education they have completed to the interview.
The results of the interviews of applicants conducted by the interview committees are evaluated by a selection committee and a list of applicants who will receive scholarships is created.
At this final evaluation stage, the general eligibility of the candidate for Türkiye Scholarships is evaluated.
For applications made online through the Türkiye Scholarships Application System (TBBS), all candidates must upload the following documents to the system:
- A valid identity document, ID card or passport
- A photograph of the candidate taken within the last 1 year
- National exam results (if any)
- Diploma or temporary graduation certificate
- International exam results (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc.) if required by the chosen university or program
- International language test results such as TOEFL, DELF if required by the chosen university or program
- A proposal for a research topic and a written example of the research you have carried out (only for PhD applications)
Applications can only be made individually through www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr by the candidates. There are no institutions or persons authorized to apply for Türkiye Scholarships. Candidates applying at Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD levels are welcome to apply between 10 January – 20 February 2022. Research applicants can apply throughout the year.
It is important to visit the official website (links found below)to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://turkiyeburslari.gov.tr/announcements/turkiye-scholarships-2022-applications-19