Columbus Citizens Foundation Scholarship
Study in: John Cabot University in Rome
Columbus citizens foundation program was started because there was a great desire to have a positive influence on the lives of Italians and Italian Americans and to allow them the opportunity to further their education. The majority of the people who are submitting their applications for this college scholarship program are going to be the first members of their families to graduate from an institution of higher education that has been accredited.
Students of Italian heritage who can provide evidence that they need financial support, have excelled in their academic pursuits, and have been actively involved in the communities in which they live are eligible to apply for scholarships from the Foundation.
Because the foundation is dedicated to carrying out its goal throughout a long period and aims to honour meritorious students with rewards that cover more than one academic year,
About The Host Institution:
The Columbus Citizens Foundation is a charitable organization based in New York City that was established to increase awareness and appreciation of Italian-American history and accomplishments.
Numerous scholarship and grant programs are made available to meritorious Italian-American students by the Foundation, which engages in a wide variety of charitable and cultural endeavours. These endeavours make it possible for the Foundation to provide opportunities for advancement to Italian-American students. The Foundation is responsible for the organization of New York City’s annual Columbus Day Parade, which has been held on New York’s Fifth Avenue since 1929 to highlight Italian-American ancestry.
The scholarship offers only school tuition, you have to pay for other school costs like books and administration fees.
This scholarship is restricted by ethnic heritage, only Italians can apply for the scholarship. Other criteria include:
- Students who are of Italian descent(25% Italian)
- A cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above is required.
- Eligible households are those with a total gross income that does not exceed $25,000 per capita, which translates to $25,000 for each member of the household. For a household consisting of four people, the maximum allowable total gross income, for example, is $100,000
- Students who have already begun their college studies CAN NOT be considered for a college scholarship from the CCF.
- Must currently be in High school
- Must be studying full-time
- Students are required to either have United States citizenship or permanent resident status in the country.
To apply for this scholarship, you need to provide a financial need analysis and submit an application form. Click the link below to register and start your application.