Dell Scholars Program
Study in: Texas, USA
Deadline: December 1, 2022 (Annual)
The application starts on October 1, 2022
About Dell Scholarship:
Michael and Susan Dell Foundation established the Dell Scholars program. Because of the difficulties that many students experience while pursuing a degree, the Scholarship program in the USA was created to serve as a support system for those students. Despite this, we are aware that paying for college can be a significant financial strain for a lot of students and their families. Each year, at the national level, 500 students are chosen to be Dell Scholars and awarded a scholarship along with a variety of other financial and non-financial supports.
The realities of life can sometimes get in the way of college aspirations for students. Students who participate in the Dell Scholars program are given individualized support to assist them in overcoming academic obstacles, increasing their financial literacy, and navigating personal circumstances that may have an impact on their ability to attend college.
University of Texas, USA
Dell Scholarship UT Austin
Dell Scholars are first-year UT Austin students who meet certain requirements thanks to the program’s partnership with the university. In March, UT Austin’s incoming Dell Scholars will receive word of their award and a full breakdown of their financial aid.
A separate application is not required. Full-time enrollment, good academic standing, and filing the FAFSA each year are requirements for continued eligibility for federal student aid. The freshman year of college is the time when eligibility is checked. When a student is initially accepted into the program, they will continue to receive benefits as long as they meet the continuing student criteria.
This scholarship in the USA offers each scholar the following:
- $20,000 Scholarship: Scholars can use flexible funds to cover the many expenses that arise during their college career.
- Individualized, Comprehensive Assistance: Assistance with the academic, monetary, and emotional life difficulties that may prevent students from graduating from college.
- Laptop computer with a four years warranty to aid academic achievement.
- Textbook Credits: Chegg credits (up to $500 per year for a total of $2,000) that can be applied toward the purchase or rental of textbooks as well as textbook solutions.
- Scholars Resource Network provides scholars and their families with connections to resources that can help them cope with the effects of stress, debt, and other aspects of their lives.
- Access To Teletherapy: A Teletherapy Service That Connects Students To Professional Counselors A teletherapy service that connects students to professional counsellors
Beginning on October 1, 2022, applicants can submit their materials until December 1, 2022.
Dell Scholarship Requirements:
- Participate in a program-approved college readiness program in grades 11 and 12
- Be on track to graduate from an accredited high school in the current academic year
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Be eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant in the first year of college.
- Plan to enrol full-time at an accredited higher education institution in the pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in the fall directly following high school graduation.
- Earn a minimum of a 2.4 GPA
Dell Scholarship Application:
The first thing you need to do to get a scholarship through the Dell Scholars program is to fill out the online application through the dell scholarship login on the official website. After the applications are turned in, they will be looked over, and a group of semifinalists will be chosen. Semifinalists are asked to send in a current copy of their high school transcript, a complete Student Aid Report (SAR) from their FAFSA, and an online recommendation. After the information about the semifinalists is sent in, an independent selection committee looks at all of the information. The application period runs from October 1, 2022, to December 1, 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Which students at UT Austin will become Dell Scholars?
Qualifying first-year students will benefit from the scholarship.
How can scholarship funds be used?
This scholarship is designed to be flexible so that scholars can use the award money for the many costs that arise during their college careers. In addition to funding tuition, fees, and the full cost of attendance for undergraduate study, scholarship awards may be used towards graduate school, loan repayment, study abroad, and internship stipends.
How many people receive scholarships?
Approximately 500 scholars are selected each year.
How much is the dell scholarship worth?