- 1 James Cook University
- 2 Eligibility Criteria
- 3 Acceptable Courses and Subjects
- 4 Why study at James Cook University?
- 5 Benefits of the Programs
- 6 How to Apply for the Scholarship
- 7 Entry Requirements
- 8 Visa Requirements
- 9 Start Your Application
James Cook University is assisting students from Asia, Africa, Papua New Guinea and the Middle East through its International Student Merit Stipend.
The university created the award to financial support the aspirants willing to study in Australia.
The scholarship will assist deserving and outstanding candidates with high academic records to support their higher studies.
The recipients of the program will also be able to renew their award upon maintained of high GPA record.
James Cook University
James Cook University is known as a public university in North Queensland, Australia. The second oldest university in Queensland, JCU is a teaching and research institution.
The university’s main research fields include marine sciences, biodiversity, sustainable management of tropical ecosystems, genetics and genomics, tropical health care, tourism and engineering.
James Cook University operates three main campuses, located in the low cities of Cairns and Townsville in Australia, and Singapore’s international city.
The fellow must meet up with the given eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Open to students from Asia, Africa, Papua New Guinea and the Middle East
- Scholarship eligibility will be automatically assessed during the admissions process.
- Eligible candidates will receive an offer for their program of study and the International Student Merit Stipend concurrently.
- Some programs arnot eligible for the International Excellence Scholarship. Which includes, but is not limited to, the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Dental Surgery, Bachelor of Veterinary Science, Master of Engineering (Professional), and online and non-award programs.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The grant is available for studying any degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at James Cook University?
James Cook University is known as the second oldest university in Queensland and Australia’s leading university in the tropics. It offers excellence in teaching and research, JCU is a vibrant, multi-campus university with its main sites in the tropical Queensland cities of Townsville and Cairns and modern city campuses in Singapore and Brisbane. JCU is recognised worldwide for its expertise in marine biology, environmental studies, tropical health, and tourism.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The JCU International Student Merit Stipend provides monthly payments of A$700 to assist with expenses throughout the study at JCU, providing a solid GPA is maintained.
- The students will help cover up various high-cost expenses related to their higher and quality studies at the university.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for these scholarships, candidates are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
There is no need for any separate application to apply for the scholarship. Eligible candidates will automatically be considered for the scholarship program by applying for admission at the university through the online link mentioned below.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- Aspirant must meet the general country or study curriculum entry requirement.
- You must demonstrate English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country/curriculum you studied.
- You must have completed a bachelor degree or equivalent from a recognised higher education institution. Refer to their Study Abroad Guide for additional entry requirements if applicable. Postgraduate students applying for the Study Abroad Program can study a maximum of one teaching period only.
For overseas students applying for a student visa, JCU will issue a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) when:
- all pages of the offer letter have been signed and returned,
- any conditions outlined on the offer letter have been met, and
- proof of payment of the required advanced deposit (as outlined in the offer letter) has been provided.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +61 7 4781 5255
University location: 1 James Cook Dr, Douglas QLD 4811, Australia