- 1 Simon Fraser University
- 2 Eligibility Criteria
- 3 Acceptable Courses and Subjects
- 4 Why study at the SFU?
- 5 Benefits of the Programs
- 6 How to Apply for the Scholarship
- 7 Entry Requirements
- 8 Visa Requirements
- 9 Start Your Application
Simon Fraser University is inviting applicants to apply for its H.Y. Louie and Lohn Entrance Award for the academic year 2021-2022. The applications are available for international students who will be entering the university for any degree coursework for the current sessions.
The University awards these grants to help out students in their academic careers and remove the financial burden faced by their parents in fulfilling their studies.
There will be enormous awards for outstanding aspirants at the university to support them in their studies.
Simon Fraser University
Simon Fraser University (SFU) is known as a public research university located in British Columbia, Canada, with three campuses: Burnaby, Surrey, and Vancouver. Undergraduate and graduate programs at SFU operate on a year-round, three-semester schedule.
Consistently ranked as Canada’s top comprehensive university and named to the Times Higher Education list of 100 world universities under 50, it is also the first Canadian member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, the world’s largest college sports association.
- The applicant must be an international student.
- Must have grades in the 80% range or IB diploma score* required for admission into faculty
- All applicants must apply to SFU and pay the admission application fee in order to be considered for any financial aid.
Acceptable Courses and Subjects
The grants are available for pursuing any degree program in the below fields:
- Visual Studies
Why study at the SFU?
Recognized as one of Canada’s finest universities and faculties, they offer you personalized mentorship, innovative programs and cutting-edge research. They value diversity, inclusion, and equity. Consistently ranked as Canada’s top comprehensive university and also named to the Times Higher Education list of 100 world universities under 50, it is also the first Canadian member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, the world’s largest college sports association.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- The university will be offering a scholarship worth $5,000 (1 instalment) to deserving candidates
- The university will be distributing several 18 scholarship awards
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To apply for the scholarship, students are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Students looking forward to applying for the scholarship are required to apply for admission at the university to get considered. Applicants can use the below link to know the application process and guidelines.
Step 2: Apply for a scholarship
The students who will be accepted at the university for any degree program will be then eligible to apply for the scholarship. The students require filling out an application form which needs to be submitted by the given deadline to get considered.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- One (1) completed Community Reference Form
- Must provide a summary of your achievements and activities demonstrating your involvement:
provide precise, concise details about your volunteer work, school or community involvement, extracurricular activities, and artistic or athletic interests (500 words max)
- Applicants must compete with the general country OR study curriculum entry requirement.
- Students must show English language skills and meet the general admission criteria following the country OR curriculum you studied.
- All aspirants must present a minimum grade of C-/60% in a junior or senior level acceptable Math course.
Please note that depending on your nationality or citizenship, you may need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), even if a study permit is not required for your studies. Most travelers require a TRV or eTA to enter Canada. For more information, applicants can check out the main website page.
Application Deadline: Open
Contact address: +1 778-782-3111
University location: 8888 University Dr, Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6, Canada