- 50% of full-time tuition
- 12 July 2022
The #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship at National Louis University recognizes international students who have a vision for enhancing intercultural understanding. National Louis University will offer two annual, renewable scholarships equal to 50% of full-time tuition to selected international undergraduates dedicated to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message by bridging intercultural divides. Applicants will answer a short essay question or present a multimedia project about their ideas for applying their leadership skills on their future campuses.
- Be a Freshman (Less than 20SH or 30QH of University Credits) international applicant of any undergraduate program of study
- Attend (or have graduated from) a secondary school outside of the United States
- Demonstrate interest and initiative in leadership and intercultural learning
- Complete a 500-1000 word essay or a 2-5 minute video answering the following prompt: “Tell us about your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at National Louis University.”
- Available to international students only
- Students are only eligible to receive one NLU resource per academic year
- NLU scholarships can only be used to cover tuition costs and are not refundable to the student
- Students must maintain full-time status (14+ credits/term) and continuous enrollment (Summer optional)
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Students must adhere to all university policies in order to remain eligible to receive NLU scholarships
50% of full-time tuition to selected international undergraduates dedicated to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message by bridging intercultural divides.
- Apply for admission using NLU’s online application at www.nl.edu/applyonline
- Complete the NLU #YAWH Scholarship Application and corresponding essay or video
- Email the completed YAWH application and corresponding essay or video to [email protected] by July 12th. If submitting a large video file, please share a link to the video in the email.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, claim it by submitting a tuition deposit by July 21st
- Deadline: July 12
- Award Date: July 14
- Enrollment Deposit Deadline: July 21
National Louis University (NLU), private university in Chicago, Illinois (main campus). NLU admits over 60 programs for undergraduate and graduates across its four colleges. It has locations throughout the Chicago metropolitan area as well as a regional campus in Tampa Bay, Florida, where it serves students from 13 counties in that state’s central region.
It was founded in 1886, and ever since, NLU has played a historic role in the education sector. Its founders aided the start of the National Kindergarten Movement, not only that; helped inaugurate the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) and also promoted the importance of academic and professional training in early childhood education theory and practice.
NLU has received more than $65 million in funding for applied research projects in urban development, childhood development, school improvement and teacher preparation. The alumni of the university have served in Illinois state government and received multiple James Beard awards; 76 alumni from its National College of Education have received honorary recognition by the Golden Apple Foundations of Chicago and Rockford.